A tool to develop gender equality, diversity, internationalism and interdisciplinarity in research and academia
eument-net Workshop and General Assembly
Prague, Czech Republic, 23rd–24th November 2017
- To discuss and find the possibilities of international and interdisciplinary collaboration among academic mentoring programs and academic institutions to strengthen international and interdisciplinary research collaboration of researchers through cooperation of individual mentoring programs
- To share experiences among coordinators of academic mentoring programs to discuss setting up or enhancing of mentoring programs’ or institutions’ range of services for researchers and academicians, especially women
- To reflect on mentoring as a career development tool for women and other underrepresented groups in research and academia
- Beside academic mentoring programs coordinators the eument-net workshop will also be useful for those who are new to the field but are interested in improving the professional development of research and academic staff at their institution, setting up mentoring program/s and/or applying for cultural and institutional change projects, e.g. in H2020.
- The eument-net workshop provides an opportunity for specialists in staff development and representatives of HR departments of research and academic institutions to exchange with experienced coordinators, be inspired, seek advice, make contacts and find prospective project partners to cooperate with.
23 November 2017 EUMENT-NET WORKSHOP
|9:30||Opening and Welcome Kateřina Cidlinská, Centre for Gender & Science, Institute of Sociology, Czech Academy of Sciences|
|9:40||Mutual Introduction of Attendees|
10:10-10:40 Changing mentoring in changing gender equality policies – mentoring as part of cultural and institutional change
Helen Füger, Chair of eument-net, Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
10:40-11:10 Disciplinary differences of mentees needs and their fulfilment through the mentoring program
(presentation will include description of Centre for Gender & Science mentoring program and welcome of book of interviews with mentees)
Kateřina Cidlinská, Centre for Gender & Science
Presentations of individual mentoring programs I.
|11:40||11:40-12:45 Programs for women in all disciplines – 5x 10 min presentations, 15 min discussion
|12:55||12:55-13:40 Programs for women in STEM disciplines – 4x 10 min presentations, 15 min discussion
Presentations of individual mentoring programs II.
|14:30||14:30-15:35 Programs for both women and men in all disciplines – 5x 10 min presentations, 15 min discussion
Programs for both women and men in STEM disciplines – 3x 10 min presentations, 10 min discussion
|15:35||Coffee break – individual work – informal discussions about possible cooperation|
|15:50||Introduction of ideas of cooperation between programs in the framework of eument-net|
|16:30||End of the day|
24 November 2017 EUMENT-NET GENERAL ASSEMBLY
All interested in joining eument-net with their mentoring programme are welcomed on General Assembly!
|10:00||Welcome – Helene Füger|
|10:05||Adoption of Minutes of 7th GA
Review of activities since Sept. 2014 – Helene Füger
|10:10||Discussion and vote on proposed change of Statutes|
|11:00||Resignations, Presentation of candidates & vote|
|11:20||Discussion of future activities|
|11:35||Balance & budget|
|11:45||Approval of new membership applications|
|12:00||End of the GA|
Address: Academic Conference Centre, Husova 4a, Prague 1, www.akc-avcr.cz
Location: 50.0845950N, 14.4182775E
The nearest metro stations are Staroměstská on green line „A“ and Národní třída on yellow line „B“. After a 10 minute walk you reach the Academic Conference Center.
If you take green line „A“, get off on Staroměstská station and leave the station towards the Staroměstské náměstí. Turn right on the first corner to the Kaprova street. Cross the Mariánské náměstí (you can admire Town Hall on your left) and hold on the right to the Husova street. After passing the Church of St. Giles (Kostel sv. Jiljí) Academic Conference Center will by on your left.
You can follow a map here: https://goo.gl/maps/nrbk1gdhDsx
If you take a yellow line „B“, get off on Národní třída station. Turn right and go along the shopping center. Cross the crossroad and keep on going straight via Na Perštýně street. On the next crossroad keep left to the Husova street. Academic Conference Center will be on your right.
You can follow a map here: https://goo.gl/maps/PcKRKDCVDBL2
The nearest tram station is Národní třída station for trams number 2, 9, 18, 22 and 23. It is also the metro station Národní třída so please follow the instruction for yellow metro line „B“.
|Rezidence Dlouhá 17||www.rezidencedlouha17.cz/EN/|
|Charles Bridge Palace||www.charlesbridgepalace.com||Booking.com|
|Hotel Eurostars Thalia||www.eurostarsthalia.com||Booking.com|
|St. Havel Residence||www.sthavel.com||Booking.com|
|Design Hotel Metropol||www.metropolhotel.cz||Booking.com|
|Old Prague Hotel||www.oldpraguehotel.cz||Booking.com|
|Hotel U Zlatého Stromu||www.uzlatehostromu.com||Booking.com|
|Hotel Palac U Kocku Prague||www.palacukocku.cz||Booking.com|